Monday, May 27, 2013

And the Question is...



There are a lot of questions that can be asked to a person. What’s your name? Do you want to get coffee with me some time? What’s your number? These questions don’t really involve a lot of thinking. This is because the answer can just be a simple yes or no while other times it’s a rhetorical one. But has anyone ever asked you, “What do you want to remember forever?” 

This question will ask for an answer that can confound your mind to the extent where you cannot even provide a straight answer. When asked that question, a spiralling list will come rushing into your mind hindering you from producing a straight answer for the direct question.

I can’t even think of one thing I want to remember forever since there are a lot to remember. Also, a reason is because I’m still in the process of finding that memory I want to keep forever. While waiting for my world to find its meaning, I went ahead and asked others who I think have found theirs hoping I could get a clear idea of what I might consider real in my life.

“I want to remember those sweet moments I spent with Jeffrey. I waited for years and during that time, quite a number of smartphone models have launched until finally, he found me. It was hard to survive in a world without someone to hold on to when everything else goes wrong, and Jeff made that all possible. Just one whisper of love makes all my worries go as if they didn’t even exist in the first place.” – Martha, 24

“I want to remember I’ve been a good friend, sister, and daughter to those people I care about the most. I am a person who cares more for others than myself. I remember when a co-worker borrowed a portable charger which I needed the next day for a trip outside of town. End of the story, I lent him the charger since luckily, the trip was cancelled. Ha! I try my best to be as selfless as I could be because that’s where I find the happiness everyone is searching for.” – Sandra, 22

“I want to remember the first time I had my angel. The way she held my finger with her little fingers was like a piece of heaven to me. It was the day I knew my life has come full circle. Everything I could wish for has been handed down to me. I thought it was when I married my lovely wife when I realized it was only half of what my life could come to. Now I can honestly say, ‘I’m alright.’” – Nathan, 27

“I want to remember how God showered me His eternal love. Those undertakings I have to go through are all part of a bigger plan. Whichever path He puts me to, I’ll gladly take it and live through it like it is a blessing in disguise.” – Christian, 19


Forever is a long time and so are our memories. If you were given the chance to pick one you want to keep, don’t wait for a question. Rather, make every day seem like fit for forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment